Fur vests were a major trend in 2011 that don't seem to be fading (fine by me!). But this means that some folks who may not have originally jumped on the bandwagon might be thinking about finally giving a fur vest a try. I understand your hesitation - they seem a little tricky to pull off! But fur vests are easier than than you might think. The quality of faux fur has dramatically improved in recent years - you can find some beautiful faux pieces for very decent prices! Nordstrom, Diesel, Home Shopping Network and even K-Mart all have great options. If it's styling the vest that concerns you, never fear! Here are some easy, chic options:
- Go Monochrome - Pair a fur vest with black or brown pants, top and boots.
- That 70's Faux - Top a silky blouse and wide legged jeans with a funky necklace and a fur vest.
- Casual Chic - Leggings and a tee are so boring. A fur vest takes the outfit from blah to voilà!
- Go Glam - A fur vest adds coverage, warmth and style to a slinky cocktail dress.
- Lumberjack - I love a fur vest over jeans and a flannel shirt! Add snow boots and stay cozy.
- Boho Faux - Top a pretty, feminine, floral dress with a fur vest. Don't forget huge shades!
- Shine On - Fur vests look pretty and fresh over a sequin top or a beaded skirt.
- Lovely Layers - Wear a fur vest under (or over!) a preppy blazer for a layered look.
See more ideas for wearing fur vests (updated Fall, 2012) here!
Vest: purchased in Germany
Shirt: Forever 21
Boots: vintage Walter Steiger
Bracelets: Banana Republic
Necklace: Mint Julep
Watch: Michael Kors
Sunglasses: purchased in Dublin